Thursday 1 May 2008

It's all moving!

Well, it's been a bit of a while since my last post. There has been a lot going on here, today is May Day in Torrington, so I've had the day off. I've also been suffering some sciatica, and so have had a couple of days off. I've handed in my French coursework today, and so am taking a bit of time to update the blog. I shall also be updating the quilting blog, showing me and Maisie - my niece - and her quilt, and Maisie with Grandad Banks, and with her mum as well.

Anyway - to the point in hand. The house is looking a bit of a mess all round:
These photos are now a bit outdated, as there have been many other changes. It's a lovely day here today, which is good because it means that the roofers have been able to get on with some work! I've been up there today to speak to the electrician about the lights, and they are going to get us some catalogues so we can have a look at what we want.

So - the changes! The first game we're going to play is - spot the difference! I'm not going to make it easy and give you two pictures to compare side by side - but you will find a BIG clue in this posting! Answers to the changes that you see should be posted in the comments section (and not on a stamped addressed envelope) - and your prize will be starring in the title of the next posting! So make sure that you get your answers in quickly - when there is more that one corect answer, I shall pick a winner at random! I hope to have some more pictures by the weekend, that is if you are not overwhelmed by the changes you see today!


The next photo shows how vast the changes are! You can see the different wallpapers - the left hand side was our bedroom, and the right hand side was the office. I think the radiator that is there has now gone. The ladder on the left of the picture is in a different place now, and it really is quite something going up and down the ladder to get to the top floor - it doesn't imbue me with a sense of safety. However, the builders have said that they may get the stairs to the top floor in by the end of the week.

The photo on the right shows Keith looking out of our big upstairs window, and if you click on the picture, it should become even bigger, and you may even be able to see what sort of view we will get. Yes, I know that I've already shown you the view that we will have, but that was from the scaffolding, and these pictures will be from inside the house, so they are really accurate! You can see that the floor is down, and the plaster board is going up too!

The photo on the left shows the view from the window - it shows what Keith is looking at in the photo above. The green area is Northam Burrows - so yes, I'll be able to see the golf course, and once we get our really high-powered binoculars mounted on a tripod, I'll be able to see where Keith is on the golf course! He tells me that he can see the roof of the house when he's out playing.


So - I've already said that the electricians are in - they are getting wires in all over the place, cutting holes for spotlights, plugs, light switches and television points. The last photo for today shows our bedroom in the top of the house with some of the sockets and wall light switches. You can just about see the holes in the roof (in the middle flat bit), which is where the spotlights will go. The lighter bits on the left and right show the situation of the velux windows.
So, that is it for today - I'll put another update on the blog this weekend - as long as I don't get caught up in anything else. Oh - and before I go - do have a look at my quilting blog - if only to see Grandad Banks! - www.christine-quiltingatwestdene.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see that the stairs have swapped sides in the hallway - that was not difficult - not that I really want my name in print you understand. It's all looking very good Love Mum xx