Sunday 2 November 2008

Update - end of half term



Here I am again. It has been a while since I've written, because there have been so many exciting things going on here! I've got my sewing room up and working now - together with the quilting frame and chaise longue - I can show you a photo of it, but it's not quite the same now:

I'm getting great use out of my sewing room; Keith has bought me a light box to help the SAD feeling, help me sleep etc. - and it's in my sewing room. I've made a quilt top, quilted a quilt for my cousin's baby, and made some placemats and a table runner. The next task is making Christmas stockings and Advent calendars, and then a quilt for my mum's birthday.

So - the introduction to the house:





It looks quite different now doesn't it - just to show you the difference, I'll show you how it used to look:

It really is quite an improvement, isn't it? Of course, it is really quite different inside as well. I am sat up in the lounge at the moment, which affords a great view of Bideford Bay. Don't you love that phrase - 'it affords a great view'. The garden looks quite different now as well, and I don't have a recent photo of the garden. But I can show the photos of the garden in July:


Then there are the views of the top of the house, and the views from the top of the house as well: Well, I think that will just about do for now. I'll try to get more photos and updates on the blog a bit later. There are so any other exciting things to do - I'm going to update the quilting blog as well today, before going and doing some sewing.

No comments: